Saturday, 25 October 2008
Sharon set the first challenge and has designed a great sketch, here is my DT card using the sketch
Square Navy card blank
Silver pearlescent card
White christmas tree vellum
Stickles glitter glue
Ribbon from my stash
Rubber Stampede Santa Collage stamp
Saturday, 18 October 2008
The challenges we run will be open to everyone. You'll be able to submit Cards, Scrap Pages, ATCs, Fat Book Pages, boxes, tags, anything you want to, as long as it's crafty. There will be prizes and winners too.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Friday, 17 October 2008
I used various papers, including K&Co, DCWV, a printed picture of "Ophelia", an orange prima flower and a little glitter glue.
Monday, 13 October 2008
please click on pictures for a larger view
Sunday, 12 October 2008
Instructions for how to make this will appear on One Stop Card Crafts project page shortly.
Please click on pics for a larger view
Wednesday, 8 October 2008
Here is my second DT card, for One Stop Card Crafts, which I made today.
I think I might have found a "new love" medallion cards - they do look so Christmassy with all the glitter.
As you will see there are two versions of the same card as when I first made the card I added some ribbon and then I wasn't sure about it so took it off and added snowflake brads - still not sure which I like the best.
One Stop Card Crafts project page - along with several other lovely card examples and instructions
Tuesday, 7 October 2008
The front and back covers were made using chipboard which I bought from The Artistic Stamper, they are 4" x 6". I used a brayer and a Big and Juicy birthday ink pad to colour the chipboard and then gave them a spray of gold Glimmer Mist. On the front I added a Papermania wire word Friends. I then stamped various stamps using black ink. The back cover was made in the same way and I used one of my new Tim Holtz stamps nibs.
The pages/pockets were made from a piece of A4 card, which I coloured using distress inks in various colours. Before I attached the covers to the concertina pages/pockets I added some blue ribbon so the book could be kept closed.
The tags are again chipboard from The Artistic Stamper. I used various stamps again, stamped in black ink. I then used distress inks and an ink blending tool to colour the tags. I then added some fibres to the tags and they were finished.
click on images to view larger
I have also entered this into Caardvarks Challenge, which this week is to use scoring
Monday, 6 October 2008
This is the pyramid book I made on the workshop - I have to admit that it still isn't quite finished as I've not completed the front cover yet - the covers are on, but I need to put something on the front.
I love this shape of book and can see me making more very soon. I used four pieces of 6" x 6" scrapbook paper to make the inside of the book (2 sheets of 2 designs). I used various stamps and inks, and embellished it using slide mounts, buttons, brads and tags.
This weeks challenge on Caardvarks is to make something with scoring.