Saturday, 15 March 2008

What a Week

I have finally managed to make these two tags for a monthly tag swap I am in. I cut some white thick card to 6" x 3" and made it into a tag. I used a new technique on these tags which Hels showed on her technique blog - the technique is called "batik".

I used a rose stamp and a sunflower stamp and stamped randomly onto the white tags using versamark ink and then covered with clear embossing powder and heated. When it was cooled I used my distress ink pads and covered the tags using shabby shutters and pine needles ink. I then covered the tags with some kitchen roll and ironed over them. This melted and lifted off the embossing powder and so left a lovely white image. I then used slide mounts and dabbed some distress inks on them. I stamped a small rose and a small flower onto some white card and coloured them using my sakura glitter pens. I then put these into the slide mounts and used sticky pads to raise them off the tag. I stamped "in bloom" onto a piece of green vellum and attached it to the tag with small flower brads. For the backs of both tags I just stamped in rusty brown stazon using one of my Anna Griffin background stamps.