Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Buttons - In My Pocket

My crafting friend Hels has come up with another great challenge which is to make a pocket card with a hidden item. This weeks hidden item is buttons.

I used the template which is on Hels blog and cut out my pocket shape from card. I covered it with various papers. On the top flap of the pocket I stamped one of Tim Holtz stamps (Listen to your heart). I then added a glittered butterfly (papermania).

For the inside of the pocket I stamped a small bird in black ink. I then masked this off and stamped the dried flowers stamp randomly over the bottom half of the pocket using a green ink pad. On the top half of the pocket/ the inside of the flap I stamped three little flower stems and then added a little button to each as the flower head.

To keep the pocket closed, I used a silver heart shaped clip and I thought this would go nicely with the front sentiment.

Please click on image for larger view

SS Week 22 - Friends

This weeks Sunday Stampers challenge over on Hels blog is "Friends" so I made an ATC :-)

I cut a piece of cardstock to measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and then I stamped the Hero Arts Friends stamp using black archival ink. When the ink was dry I set about it with some distress inks and using cut n dry foam I coloured the stamped image.

To add a little depth to the ATC I used some Crystal Lacquers - unfortunately these don't show up too well in the picture.

Another Clipboard

This clipboard I altered for my friend Hels, for her Birthday.

I covered the front of the clipboard with distress crackle paint and then used a gold krylon pen around the edges.

I took a thin piece of card and covered the top half with some DCWV paper and the bottom half I covered in K & Co paper. I took some chipboard letters and covered them with broken china distress embossing powder and then I triple embossed them using clear UTEE. I took a beer bottle top and squashed it using my wizard and I coloured the inside of it gold using my krylon pen and then added a blue fabric flower. I attached the letters and beer top onto the top half of the clipboard.

For the bottom half I firstly stamped one of my new Tuscan Rose trellis stamps using versamark ink and then put gold embossing powder on and heated it. I took a blue brad and covered it with broken china distress embossing powder and heated it, I then added this to the centre of the stamped flower. I then edged a chipboard piece with gold krylon pen and added a blue dragonfly brad and then attached this to the clipboard.